When creating your ThriveCart account, you would have chosen an account name to use. This account name makes up part of the URL for your carts and is your ThriveCart subdomain.
All requests for changing your subdomain need to come through to email@example.com.
- They must be sent directly from your accounts primary login email. (If your purchase email is different to your account email, please also include the order ID/details of your purchase email).
- You must also confirm you’ve read this article.
Please note that changing your account’s subdomain will have knock-on effects for your products and account settings. So when emailing us please make sure you’ve confirmed you’re aware of the following:
- Changing your subdomain will break any existing links to your checkout pages. You will need to update them to reflect the new account name.
- This will affect affiliate links. Affiliates will need to update their affiliate links (due to the account name change)
- Any embed codes used for the modal or embeddable cart will also need to be updated.
- If you have integrated PayPal as a payment processor you will need to update your IPN URL.
- If you have integrated with Zapier you will need to update your ThriveCart integration and Zaps.
Lastly, you need to make sure your new account name is available and meets the requirements.
A ThriveCart subdomain needs to be a minimum of 3 characters long and a maximum of 30. It can contain letters, numbers and hyphens.
It also needs to be unique and not in use by another user. To see if your new account name would be available do the following
- Sign out of your ThriveCart account
- Visit xxx.thrivecart.com Replace ‘xxx’ with your chosen idea.
If you are redirected to
- A login page, then this subdomain is not available.
- The ThriveCart home page, then this subdomain is likely* available.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our support desk firstname.lastname@example.org